Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday, Monday, Monday :(

Good Monday Morning! I was so sad this morning when I woke up because that weekend was just not long enough. There are not enough hours in our days right now. We (well, mainly James, but I did help) spent the ENTIRE weekend tiling the floor in the house. He started Saturday morning at 7 am and worked till 10:00 pm and only took about 2 10 minute breaks. Who knew ceramic floors were so time consuming? I felt bad when I had to get him up on Sunday morning because he was so soar and tired he could hardly move. And then we went straight home from teaching small group and he started the process all over again till 9:00 pm last night. The poor guy, I can't wait for him to get finished all these jobs on the house. Only 2 more weeks of this back breaking work! If I was thinking I would have taken off the entire month of November from all commitments (other than work) because we just don't have any spare time right now. We are always late for everything or we are leaving early, but there is nothing I can do about it right now. We have to get this house done!

I spent the weekend doing some painting on the trim and sanding nail holes. I also went to Home Depot all by myself and bought some grout for the tiles. I was nervous I would get the wrong stuff, but I did fine. I only wandered around the Depot for 10 minutes looking for sanding spounges, but eventually I found them! I have a $25 gift certificate for the Depot that I won't let James spend. This was a birthday present I received from some family friends and I will be the one who spends it. I will most likely get a mailbox or some rope lights, because those are things that I need for decor.

Lexis had her friend Moses over to watch the Grey Cup. Moses is a 5 month old Boxer, who's parents are our good friends Conrad and Sheena. Conrad is now working for Trademark Construction (James' business), so that is really exciting. The business is booming right now. He has more jobs than he knows what to do with, but that is a good thing! It might be a little bit cold this winter for the two of them, but I guess that's what you get when you work in construction. So far the weather has been amazing for working outside, so hopefully the guys only have to endure 3 cold months out of the year.

Today I am freezing cold again at work. My fingers are just NUMB! I have the heater I could turn on but it sounds like an airplane taking off and sometimes I can't hear people on the phone. So to save myself some embarressment I refuse to turn it on when there are other people around. I do have an afgan that I could put on but I leave it here over night and I think that mice run all over it so that is kind of gross. Today at work I will be making the invitations to our Christmas Party at the Rugby Club. Should be a really fun time! We will be having an auction that will raise money for Regina Family Services.

Well, I best get to work here on something production and important.... like the invitations! Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments: