Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11... We Remember


You blog readers are hungry this morning for my thoughts! Forget that I have nothing to say at all or that my mind is blank, you want something!

Can you believe that it has been 5 years since the World Trade Centre attacks happened in New York City? I can remember being the first to wake up in our house 5 years ago, turning on the radio and hearing the morning DJ say a plane had crashed into the world trade center building. I ran upstairs and told my dad we were going to war, little did I know.

We watched the television all morning. Our eyes glued to what was happening in downtown Manhattan. Our home-ec teacher let us keep the TV on during sewing class. Then the second tower fell. The rubbel, papers, building material all came falling down... people running in all directions.

I heard this story once, I am not sure if it is fact or fiction, about this business man in regina who was on a video conference with a company who worked in the world trade center building. The Regina man saw the plane coming towards them in the window and yelled at them that a plane was coming, and then it crashed. Can you imagine what that poor man was thinking.... Who does stuff like that?

5 years later, look where we are. A war is raging on the other side of the world. The USA will not back down, yet keep spending money they don't have. They send young men & women over to fight a war on a terrorism, but at who's expense. I am a proud American... but I think many people are beginning to see a different side of the US gov't. Why are they spending billions/trillions of money on war, yet have not even helped the people who suffered in their own country from the Hurricans?

But today we remember those affected by 9/11, you are not forgotten.

No comments: