Saturday, September 16, 2006

Lazy Saturday

Today has been a cleaning day. My grandparents (who we live with until our new house is finished) have been gone for the past 2.5 weeks and come home around Monday. So today I did a complete scrub down of the house... cleaned the kitchen, bedrooms, vaccummed, stuff like that. I do this regularily but with 2 men (haha) in the house it seems like the cleaning never ends. I could probably live on my own and never have to clean the house, but with Sammy and James I am constantly cleaning up. I will have the kitchen clean and by the time I turn around there are dirty dishes and cups sitting on the counter! It drives me nuts.

Last night I watched another movie, Glory Road. Great Walt Disney movie! It is about a basketball team in the south when the African American population were not respected. I love movies like this, it reminds me of how far we have come (or how far we still have to go). My favorite part of the movie is when a coach tells another coach that Black people willl never be playing professional basketball, they just are not that good. It made me laugh because look at the NBA, I bet most of the players are Black, and they are dang good, if not amazing!

Tonight James said he wants to bake some cookies. I can not remember the last time I baked cookies. In my old house I could never get the oven to work right.... I have had so many friends come and look at my oven but no one knows what is wrong with it. It is a brand new convectional, flat top, ceramic oven... but it's crazy. This one time it took me 2.5 hrs to bake a friggen cake! Right when we moved I was starting to get along with the oven so I decided to take it to the new house, so I will keep you posted on how it works better when I hook it up. Maybe it will work, or maybe not. (P.s. - I am in need of a new fridge, if you know of where I can get one please let me know.)

Well I should go and creep on some other people's blogs. Have a wonderful Saturday night friends!

No comments: