Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Missing Keys


This morning I was ready to go to work on time, but when I went to grab my keys they were gone! Missing! Stolen! I remember bringing them into the house last night and placing them on the kitchen table... but then they vanished! Let's take this story a little ways back.... to last week:

James hates it when I have too many keys on one ring. He always asks me if I can tell him what each key does, and I can. I also had this cool red keychain from my office. I liked it so I put it on the chain. But then James used my keys one day and complained the whole time about this large key chain. So I took it off........ and that's where the problem begins.

So after running around the house like a banchee (sp?) for 10 minutes, and getting extrememly over heated in my new wool winter jacket, I called James to ask him if he saw my keys before he left this morning. He said, "I don't know where your keys are. Why would I know?". So I hung up, called my boss and said I would be late. My grandma was nice enough to drive me to work, and when I got here I apologized to Mike for being late.

I took apart my purse, searching in all the random pockets for my missing keys. You see, I am the only one who can keep the door unlocked at work... and I had it propped up with a peice of wood! After dumping out my purse, and almost breaking down in tears over my lost keys, the phone rang:

Me: Good morning Royal LePage!
James: What are you doing?
Me: Looking for my keys!
James: I found them.
Me: WHERE!?
James: In my pocket.
Me: WHAT???? You said, "Why would I have your keys???"
James: Well, you took that stupid red thing off them and so I thought they were mine.
Me: THAT'S WHY I HAD THAT RED THING ON THERE TO BEGIN WITH!
James: Well. Now what?
Me: You need to bring them to me so I can unlock the door.
James: Well not today.
Me: Yes, I need them.
James: How Soon?
Me: Before lunch
James: Fine.
Me: Thanks sweetheart, don't worry about taking my keys. I forgive you. I know you didn't mean too, I love you.

(HAHA!! DID YOU REALLY THINK I SAID THAT LAST LINE???)

Anyway, my keys are found and hopefully being returned to me soon. The drama of today is OVER! Until tomorrow......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good thing you found them, cause you might have locked yourself out when you went for your smoke break

Anonymous said...

Okay, Melissa, apparently I am creepy because I read this blog. Ha ha. But I have to say, this was the funniest thing I have heard all day, and people used to make fun of my giant key chain as well. I feel your pain. Hope things are going well with you!