Monday, October 16, 2006

House Update

Who knew building a house could be so stressful? Yesterday James finished the deck in the backyard and pounded in all the landscaping ties. Now all we need to finish the backyard is some sod. But with the weather being so rainy and then freezing I am not sure when the sod farm will be bringing in their next semi (if they even do.) But I am hoping for a miracle because I don't want to have to wash Lexis feet all winter and spring! I hope this week to stain the deck so that it is protected from the snow. I know you are not suppose to stain unless it is warm out but I am running out of time people!!!

My first real job on the house must be finished by today. I am in charge of picking out the paint colours. So last night I got out our trusty colour wheel from our local General Paint store and went to work. I had our ceramic tile and hardwood on the table and began cutting apart the colour wheel removing any colour I thought might work. Soon I had about 30 colours taped onto the tile so I knew I should start removing some. I was able to narrow it down to about 2 colours for each room. And this morning I brought the choice to work and had my co-workers help me decide. Here is what I have chosen for the paint colours:

Main colour of house (Kitchen/Dining/Living Room/Hallways): Kindling Wood
Accent Wall (Through Living Room to Dining Room): Robust Red
Stub Wall: Wild Cat
Bathroom: Walnut Wash
Master Bedrom: Dauphin Gray & Threshold Gray

I AM DONE! Don't let me change my mind... because this needs to get decided. I hope James doesn't mind that I have so many colours because at first I could only pick 2! Haha! Oh well...

Last week I got a knew dining room set... I can't remember if I have already mentioned this. If so, I am sorry but I am going to explain it again. It's a dark red/brown oak table that is normally 72" in length but extends to 90". I know, that's huge! But it's my first real table and I am really excited about it. It came with 6 chairs and they have an expresso leather seat with a wood and leather back. They are so grown up looking. I wanted to set up the whole table in the basement but James would only set up 2 chairs. But the chairs look amazing!! I am so excited to have this set up in our house!!! I have looked everywhere for a good deal on a dining room set but they were all so expensive and I could not justify spending $3000. But then James found this great set at Costco for so much cheaper (and just as nice) so I jumped on it and bought it. Ill post a picture later when it's all set up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,
Sorry we couldn't get together yesterday, Conrad has his first game...big deal (for him...and I suppose me). I am not sure if these comments I am putting on here are working...let me know. We should get together this week, maybe tonight, wings and beer!
sheena