Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Poker Night


POKER PLAYERS BEWARE! Tonight I am playing my first game of poker in a real tournament. Yes, it's true, I have never actually played poker before. Okay, I have NEVER played poker before but I am playing tonight. I have been studying the rules for the past week and today I might even play a couple games on PartyPoker.com, just to freshen up for tonight. The buy in is $20 (I just learned what that meant...) and the rules are house rules (and I still don't know what that means...) but I am looking forward to a good time! Hopefully I don't get out first, that would be HORRIBLE!!! (and not to mention embarressing)

In other news I woke up at my earliest time ever (5:55 am) because I went to the Breakfast with Friends ~ Cancer breakfast at the Delta hotel. My good friend Sheena asked me to go with her and her company so I couldn't turn down a free breakfast. The sun wasn't even up when I went to start my car but today I feel fresh and awake. Maybe from now on I will wake up at 6:30 am just to get a head start to my day (we will see...). Once James tried waking up early and making coffee every morning before he went out to work. It lasted about 3 days and then he quit. So much for that idea. But I think I could make it work...

Well, I will tell you tomorrow how I did at Poker... stay tuned!

No comments: