Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Thanksgiving Weekend is OVER!

Thanksgiving weekend has come and gone, one that put Regina on the map! After 2 concerts by The Rolling Stones the city of Regina might start to calm down. I wonder if the Stones were treated to a turkey dinner with all the fixings?

My thanksgiving weekend was very uneventful. You can't get into to much trouble in Moose Jaw with your dad's relatives. The dinner was good, the usual meal (minus the cranberries) and I did make it back to Regina in time to catch Desperate Housewives, our regular Sunday night show. (I know, many people think it's garbage, but I am still addicted) On the way back to the city we saw the fireworks go off at Taylor field, indicating the start of the 2nd concert.

Yesterday James and Garn built a fense, to keep our little monkeys in the backyard. Lex & Lib were not sure what they thought of the fense at first, especially since for the past 2 months they had free roam of all the backyards on our block, but they seemed okay being confined to the two yards. Since we live side by side with my grandparents, we decided to only put a fense on the 2 far sides of our yards, leaving the feeling of one large yards. This way the dogs can have more room to play and run.

This week we hope to lay the sod in the back (and maybe the front) yards. I thought it was too cold but James assures me that it is fine. We do not want to be washing Lexis' feet everytime she comes inside the house! What a pain that would be. Other news on our house, it will be finished being drywalled today and start being taped tomorrow. That means paint within the next 2 weeks and then we can watch our house fly!

I spent Saturday looking for a new kitchen table. I want to buy my first REAL kitchen table (a wood one that seats 6-8 and has a leif!!). I like the big square ones but James is not too sure what he think so we will keep looking. There is a nice on at costco but it comes in a box (like they all do) so it's not set up for me to see. But it's a very good price!

I will get back to work here, I was just handed a listing to process, duty calls!

No comments: