Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's Only Rock & Roll.... and I like it!


You guessed it... We're going to the Stones!!! In 2 days James and I (and Ron & Steph) will be rockin' out to one of the greatest rock bands in the history of rock and roll. I think it's funny that I am now excited about going because up until last Saturday I was one of those people who said, "The Stones, no big deal, I don't even know any of their songs." But when Ron gave us tickets as a thank you for James doing some more work for him my excitment grew and now I am stoked! Two nights ago I downloaded some of their songs, just so I could sing along on Friday. And now I am finding that I already know quiet a few of their melodies. I even have a new favorite, but I can't remember the title, oh wait, I remember, "Best of Burden". (Don't yell at me if that is a bad song, I just heard it like 2x now, and I like the tune.)

So I have never been to a REAL concert before (I don't think Christina Augulara and O-Town when I was in Grade 8 count), so I am not sure what I should do when I get there. Do I jump up and down, sing outloud, wave my cell phone LCD screen in the air?? I am sooo nervous! I am sure that we will be a couple of the few non-intoxicated people there, so I guess my love for people watching will come in handy. Many people will make fools of themselves.

Those Rolling Stones characters are something. James and I "googled" them last night just so we could tell them apart on the stage. MAN THEY ARE OLD! I feel like my grandpa Garnet should be up there kick'in it with them. I heard that Keith Richards has cornflakes and wine (instead of milk) for breakfast! EWWW!!! The stones have rented the whole Hotel Sask for their crew and Regina's economy is suppose to easily see a 12 - 15 million dollar boost from this concert. Their stage alone is made up of 720 tons of steel!!!

Well, I will fill you in on Saturday how the concert went... hopefully I survive!

No comments: