Monday, October 30, 2006

I never want to paint again in my life....

The house is all painted. We worked hard all weekend and were able to finish all the paint, start painting some trim and hang some doors. James' mom came to help out and then yesterday our friends Conrad and Sheena came over to help finish. My favorite paint colour is my dark burgandy wall, it looks so amazing! James says it was the death of him, but I think it was well worth all the hassel. Our kitchen/bathroom cupboards and counters are suppose to be delivered and installed tomorrow but we have a lot of work to do before that. I will be so excited once those are all in, it will really make it feel like it is almost done!

Baby Lexis LOVED painting. I brought over a blanket for her and some toys and she spent most of the weekend following everyone around and getting paint all over her. She stepped in a paint tray so she has a white paw, she has a green tail, grey nose and white all over her body. Too cute! The windows are the perfect height for her too. She loves standing there and resting her nose on the window sill and watching the traffic pass. I think once we move in we will have to close the blinds so she does not bark at things, that could be annoying for the people in the basement.

Tonight at work is our Pumpin Pumpkin Carving Night. I am not sure if I am going or not though. I am so tired from painting and my back and feet are killing me. I am sure that I could help James out at the house tonight, the more I work the faster it gets done! I will take some pictures when I get home from work of all the progress that was made this weekend!

2 comments:

Sheena said...

conradandsheenashepherd@blogspot.com

Sheena said...

I will have to check when I can leave work but I think the absolute earliest would be 3pm. Let me know if that will be a problem.
I AM SO EXCITED!